225gms self-raising flour
225gms french butter, at room temperature
225gms caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Set the oven to 180 C. Grease a 9 inch round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.Add in the eggs, one at a time, taking care to beat each one in well. Slowly add the flour and baking powder with a sieve. If the mixture is a little thick or dry, add water with a tablespoon. Be sure too add the vanilla paste at then end, and mix it well.
- Tip the mixture into your greased baking tin.
- Bake until golden for 15 to 25 minutes. Insert a skewer in the centre and it should come out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes and then remove from the tin.
- Decorate once completely cooled.
Replace 85 gms of the flour with 85 gms cocoa powder for a chocolate cake.
Go ahead and share this recipe with your friends on facebook / twitter.